Forward Me →
This blog is dedicated to all the humorous, serious, religious, political, fanatical, or otherwise interesting emails that get forwarded too frequently. Shouldn't we be able to find them all in one place?
Saturday, May 13, 2006
  Death of a Soldier→

Death of a Soldier
(Do Not Mourn Me)
by Shannon Stinson

Do not mourn me
As my death has shown
For I left this life
Doing what I have known

Though my body is gone
I am still here
Staying close by
Those I have held dear

Do not mourn me
Though I have passed
Your strong love for me
Will make memories last

I was known
Until my end
As the one
You could call friend

Do not mourn me
Though I am gone
For I am with you
As my spirit lives on

Written 5/5/06

In loving memory of Sergeant Joseph “Joey” Proctor of the Indiana National Guard.

Editor's Note: This poem was written by my sister at the death of her brother-in-law who was killed in the line of duty in Iraq. Please say a prayer for all our brave servicemen and women who put their lives in danger so that we may live in peace.
 
Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

My Photo
Name:
Location: Fishers, Indiana, United States

Psychotic, neurotic, over-emotional, nail-biting geek who managed to find a laid-back husband who keeps trying to tell me it's all small stuff. Oh, and he can cook. I love my husband. :)

Links →
Blog Links →
Quick Reference: Attorney's Advice on Identity Theft
A Convoluted String of Random Thoughts
The Ladybug Files
Troy's Travels
Life Sucks, by Troy

Other Links →
JDR Solutions Web Design
iStockPhoto.com

Previous Posts →
A Different View
A Dog's Purpose - From a 4 Year Old
All I Need to Know About Life I Learned from Drink...
Why God Made Moms
The Mommy Test
The Sermon
Attorney's Advice (serious one.. not a funny)
The Seven Dwarfs Visit the Pope
Things Hallmark Cards Don't Say
The Dessert Test

Archives →
June 2005 / July 2005 / August 2005 / October 2005 / November 2005 / January 2006 / February 2006 / March 2006 / April 2006 / May 2006 / June 2006 / August 2006 / September 2006 / March 2007 / April 2007 / May 2007 /


Powered by Blogger